The Friends of the Wethersfield Library, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the support of the Wethersfield Library through fundraising and advocacy.
Raffle Basket Fundraiser
After months of anticipation, the drawing for the 3 beautiful baskets, which had been on display for months, finally occurred on Friday – December 1st! There were 3 baskets stuffed with all sorts of goodies:
- Holiday Shopping basket: Gift cards to Marshall’s, Stop and Shop, Lucky Lou’s, Barnes & Noble, assorted holiday items.
- Cozy Quilt basket: Gift cards to Marshall’s, Stop and Shop, Lucky Lou’s, Barnes & Noble, assorted holiday items.
- Children’s Fun & Games basket: Craft items, puzzles, Legos, board games, books, etc.
The 3 lucky winners have been contacted: Natalie I. won the Holiday basket; Lucy R. won the Quilt basket, Lee D. won the Children’s basket. Congratulations!
We are happy to report that over $1100 was raised by this fundraiser!! All the proceeds will go to funding various programs and events at the library. We thank all the folks who supported this basket raffle by purchasing tickets!
Friends Upcoming Events
Pop-Up Puzzle Sale
What We Do
- Support the Summer Reading Program.
- Assist in planning and implementing fundraising activities.
- Fully fund the Museum Pass program.
- Raise funds for items not provided for in the regular library budget to enhance library services and collections.
- Conduct book sales.
- Promote the services of the library and emphasize its value to the community.
- Underwrite life skills programs.
Reasons to Join
We are library users who believe the library is a wonderful resource in our community. Being a Friend is a great way to show our support. Be part of a diverse group interested in our town’s Library. Be part of the Library’s future. Help ensure a place for our Library in the changing world of technology affecting how we find and use information. Join other community members in the pursuit of excellence in library services.
Contact the Friends of the Wethersfield Library
Carole Fisher, Vice President
Helena Cardoso, Recording Secretary
Gretchen Kelly, Corresponding Secretary
Marilyn Lewis, Treasurer