Oceans of Possibilities
Elementary School Summer Reading
click below to register and log your reading
SUMMER READING PROGRAM INFORMATION:
- Sign-up begins: Wednesday, June 1 (all Wethersfield elementary school students will be registered online by their teacher)
- Monday, June 20: begin reading and logging your minutes online every day @ wethersfieldlibrary.beanstack.org/
- New this year! register and log your reading via the Beanstack app! Download @ www.beanstack.com/mobile-app
- Please read books at your reading level.
- Participants who are not reading on their own may count time spent while being read to.
- READ TO BEAD!! For every 60 minutes that you read you will earn 3 beads to add to your chain. Trade in 10 beads for a special bead.
- ACTIVITIES: complete activities found on Beanstack to earn activity beads. New challenges will be added so keep checking back!
- PROGRAMS: http://www.wethersfieldlibrary.beanstack.org/reader365earn program beads by attending any of our summer programs. Check out our programs here!
- Time Read: 20 minutes total = Paperback Book, 1st Brag Tag, Chain, fish to add to your school of fish.
- Time Read: 500 minutes total = Go Fish for a prize & 2nd Brag Tag
- Time Read: 1,000 minutes total = Paperback Book & 3rd Brag Tag
- Time Read: 1,500 minutes total = Go Fish for a prize & 4th Brag Tag
- Time Read: 1,560 minutes total or more = Continue earning 3 beads for every 60 minutes read
- All incentives earned may be picked up beginning, Monday June 20 and are available while supplies last.
- Wednesday, August 31: “Oceans of Possibilities” ends. Prizes may be collected through Friday, September 9.
Oceans of Possibilities
Preschool Summer Reading
for Children Birth to 4 years
June 20, 2022-August 31, 2022
- Register at the library beginning Tuesday, June 1 to receive your reading log and set your reading goal-you decide how many books per week you will read to your child.
- Beginning June 20: Color an ocean animal for each book you read to your child.
- Visit the library for a Patch Tag or prize for each completed week (while supplies last)
- Complete all 11 weeks of reading to earn a paperback book!
- Wednesday, August 21 is the last day to record reading.
- Prizes will be awarded through Friday, September 9.
Summer Fun and Learning
Free for Wethersfield Library card holders, Creativebug has thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
"Camp Wonderopolis® is the free online summer-learning destination that's full of fun, interactive STEM and literacy-building topics boosted by Maker experiments!"
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program
"Students in grades 1-6 can earn a free book by reading this summer. Read eight books, record them in your summer reading journal and bring your completed journal to your B&N between 7/1/20-8/31/20 to receive your free book!"
Scholastic Summer Reading
"a fun, safe, and completely free online destination where kids can create their own avatar, interact with their favorite Scholastic characters and authors, play games, and read books. From April 26 to September 3, kids will be able to visit a special Scholastic Summer Reading zone where they can start or keep their reading streaks, earn special rewards, and more. Home Base is moderated moderated for safety 24/7."