Tails and Tales
Elementary School Summer Reading
click below to register and log your reading
SUMMER READING PROGRAM INFORMATION:
- Sign-up begins: Tuesday, June 1 (all Wethersfield elementary school students will be registered online by their teacher)
- Monday, June 14: begin reading and logging online what you read each day.
- Please read books at your reading level.
- Participants who are not reading on their own may count time spent while being read to.
- All incentives earned may be picked up beginning, Monday June 14 and are available while supplies last.
- Challenges: complete online challenges to receive challenge beads. New challenges will be added so keep checking back!
- Wednesday, September 1: “Tails and Tales” ends. Prizes may be collected through Friday, September 10.
READ TO BEAD:
- For every 60 minutes that you read you will earn 3 beads to add to your chain.
- Trade in 10 beads for a special bead. Earn more beads by completing online challenges.
- Time Read: 20 minutes total = Paperback Book, 1st Brag Tag, Chain
- Time Read: 500 minutes total = Surprise Reading Buddy & 2nd Brag Tag
- Time Read: 1,000 minutes total = Paperback Book & 3rd Brag Tag
- Time Read: 1,500 minutes total = Animal Bag & Brag Tag
Tails and Tales
Preschool Summer Reading
for Children Birth to 4 years
June 14, 2021-September 1, 2021
- Register at the library beginning Tuesday, June 1 to receive your reading log
- Beginning June 14: color a paw print for each day you read to your child for at least 20 minutes
- For every 7 paw prints you color, visit the library for a Patch Tag (while supplies last)
- Complete all 56 days of reading to earn a paperback book.
- Wednesday, September 1 is the last day to record reading.
- Prizes will be awarded through Friday, September 10.
Summer Fun and Learning
Free for Wethersfield Library card holders, Creativebug has thousands of award-winning art & craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists.
"Camp Wonderopolis® is the free online summer-learning destination that's full of fun, interactive STEM and literacy-building topics boosted by Maker experiments!"
Barnes & Noble Summer Reading Program
"Students in grades 1-6 can earn a free book by reading this summer. Read eight books, record them in your summer reading journal and bring your completed journal to your B&N between 7/1/20-8/31/20 to receive your free book!"
Scholastic Summer Reading
"a fun, safe, and completely free online destination where kids can create their own avatar, interact with their favorite Scholastic characters and authors, play games, and read books. From April 26 to September 3, kids will be able to visit a special Scholastic Summer Reading zone where they can start or keep their reading streaks, earn special rewards, and more. Home Base is moderated moderated for safety 24/7."