Spooktacular Halloween Kit & Science Experiment
We’ve put together a fun take-home Halloween kit!
Included are a Halloween bag you can color yourself, crafts, games, Halloween prizes and ingredients for fun Halloween experiments. Watch the mad science video that will be posted via the Libraries Facebook page and learn how to conduct your experiments! Kits are first come first served and can be picked up in the Children’s Department beginning Monday, October 26th.
Adventures Around the World
September 28th-November 22nd
Join us for a trip around the world as we “virtually” learn about different countries, cultures, foods, music, and famous landmarks with crafts, activities, and challenges.
Registration begins Monday, September 21st. Register here, then visit the library to pick up your passport and map (while supplies last).
Also visit the library to pick up your travel bag for the week. Travel bags will include supplies for the week’s adventures. Travel bags are first come first served and are limited. You do not need a travel bag to participate in challenges and activities.
Each week visit the Children’s Page, click on the Adventures Around the World icon then choose the country of the week. You will be taken to a page with facts, stories, a craft, music, a recipe and virtual tours of the country. You will also be able to earn badges by completing fun challenges.
- Australia: September 28th – October 4th (travel bags may be picked up beginning September 21st)
- Brazil: October 5th – October 11th (travel bags may be picked up beginning September 28th)
- Egypt: October 13th – October 18th (travel bags may be picked up beginning October 5th)
- India: October 19th – October 25th (travel bags may be picked up beginning October 13th)
- Japan: October 26th – November 1st (travel bags may be picked up beginning October 19th)
- Kenya: November 2nd – November 8th (travel bags may be picked up beginning October 26th)
- Mexico: November 9th – November 15th (travel bags may be picked up beginning November 2nd)
- Norway: November 16th – November 22nd (travel bags may be picked up beginning November 9th)